Thursday, April 23, 2009

KL Bike Week 2008: Come As You Are



It's been a long time since I have attended a bike event, the last was probably a couple of years ago. But that doesn't mean I'm out out of the loop! So, last year when Red Garage and Tourism Malaysia teamed-up to organise KL Bike Week a day after Christmas, I was definitely not gonna miss it! However i was going to have to go without my Bobber. It's a little bit of a damper when you have to go for a bike event by public transport. I had no choice since I sent my bike in to be restored. But hey, nothing was gonna stop me!
So I took the train with my friend, Z8. We met at Berjaya Times Square and headed to Malaysia Tourism Centre (MTC), Jalan Ampang, Kuala Lumpur (next to Saloma Bistro).

In my mind, I tried to visualise the number of bikers that would show up. I had missed the first day coz, against my will, I was stuck in the office trying to meet some deadlines. Since it was a two day event, I was determined to at least make myself free for the second day of this much anticipated bikers event. My fellow biker, filled me in on the previous days happening. Apparently, almost all the biker clans gathered and happily danced 'joget lambak'. Our train stop was right in front of Hard Rock Cafe, just a stone throw away from the event site. We did a mini walk-a-thon as we were already late for the event. I was too excited! One of the main reasons that I was so keen to attend KL Bike Week (the inaugural bike week) was because the last bike event I attended, PD International Bike Fest, did not meet my expectations. I feel this event was going to offer much more for bike enthusiasts such as myself! When we arrived, the sights were interesting.

The event was filled with bikers clothed in leather jackets on what felt like the hottest day of the year in addition to the blazing sun reflecting off chrome in every corner. The MTC was crowded with bikers and their families, all burning with passionate for these two-wheel extreme machines. Regardless who they were, they came together to share their interest and fascination for bikes! Armed with my digital SLR camera, I soon left the side of my friend as i became engrossed in capturing these mechanical beauties. Oh boy, was I on a roll as the excitement filled every inch of me!! As we walked around, we passed many booths provided by Red Garage and Tourism Malaysia for bike clans or companies to promote and sell their products and services, such as bike accessories, bike-builder shops and biker clubs. I did not count the number of booths but each of it drew huge crowds of visitors! Personally i think this event was a success!! My next hope is for something similar to be held on the white warm sands of a beach; Cherating perhaps? By the way, I'm not going to report their itinerary. Let the pictures tell you the rest of the story! Here you go!


















No comments:

Post a Comment